Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 30, 2008

    CaseCamp 7


    If you haven't been to a CaseCamp in Toronto yet I suggest you get to one soon. A great mix of the next generation of digital media marketing and content types. Eli Singer (Segal/Facebook) lead a packed house at Circa Night Club last night with more than 500 people in attendance (they started a few years back in a basement pub with 75 people). The event is free. Just let them know you are coming via the Facebook Group then show up and pay $4.50 for bottle water and $7.50 for bottled beer (hey, it's free but not THAT free). Eli said they printed 420 name tags and they blew through those by 6:40pm. Over 500 people responded to the Facebook Group.

    I was only able to stay for one of the 15 minute 'cases' Red Flag Deals. I encourage you to check out their site for uber Canadian bargins on everything. They are doing millions of impressions a week and transfered $8 million in sales in 2007. However, their site seems to lock up the tab function on my Firefox when I go it -- shrug. Maybe they don't want you to navigate away from the site ;-) For details on the other presenters go to the Facebook group.

    Eli says needs to catch his breath but expect the next one in a couple of months. Once he names the date I will post it here. If you don't live in Toronto maybe you should start a Casecamp in your hood. They are the future of conferences IMO.

    2 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Hey,

    Ryan from RedFlagDeals.com here. Haven't heard anyone else having problems with Firefox on our site. I use it myself and usually have 10+ tabs open at a given time. :)

    Only thing I can think of is if you're using an older version of flash (we don't use it, but some of the ads on the site do) or a conflict with a plugin.

    If it comes up again, you can email support at redflagdeals.com for more help.

    Glad you liked the demo. :)

    Ryan

    Gavin McGarry said...

    Thanks Ryan. I tried it again today (with 15 tabs open) and it seems to work fine. Must have been a glitch yesterday.

    /g